Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen!
I am an experienced female tattoo artist available by appointment in the Westminster area of Maryland just outside of Baltimore.
Below you’ll find my most Frequently Asked Questions , if you don’t find your answer below, email me or
stop into Westminster Tattoo Company to see me for an in person consultation. Scroll down to see my calendar to find out when I’m in the shop.
How Can I Get Tattooed By You?
1. Can I make an appointment over the phone or by email? Yes: IF we are mid project and you’ve already left a deposit. No, if not.
New clients and new projects require a minimum of a $50 deposit and you can pay me securely via credit or debit card by clicking the PayPal button below
or stopping by to see me at Westminster Tattoo Company to pay in person via cash or credit card.
If you have any questions, the BEST way to get in touch with me is via email.
2. How soon can I get in your book? On average, I have a waiting time of 2-8 weeks. A deposit is mandatory to hold your spot for a tattoo appointment. The deposit will be deducted from the total cost of your tattoo. You may also be able to get a walk in from me, just call the shop the day you want to walk in to find out if I’m going to be available.
3. What hours do you work? My “set in stone” hours for tattoos & consultations are: Wednesdays 11am-7pm (11-3pm as of 9/1/17) and Saturdays 12pm-7pm. I work other days, however, it varies by week and is by appointment only. You do not need an appointment for a consult. Scroll down to see my calendar and stop by during any time slot you see marked as Beth Booked OR Beth Available. I’ll be there!
4. Where do you work? As of July 1, 2017, you can find me at Westminster Tattoo Company (my new shop!) in Westminster, Md. We are located at 330 140 Village Rd #14 in the Fairground Village shopping center. If you’re familiar with the old Parks Landing restaurant or Starry Night Bakery, you know exactly where we are. Fairground Village Center is tucked just “behind” the big 140 Village Plaza home to Shoppers, Dunkin Donuts, and Big Lots.
5. Can I get a walk in tattoo? Maybe! I will take walk ins whenever I’m not pre-booked with appointments or if I have a cancellation. When I get last minute cancellations I announce it on my Facebook page or the Westminster Tattoo Company Facebook page, so keep those bookmarked to find out if I can fit you in for a same day appointment/walk in tattoo. You can also email me directly or call me at the shop !
6. What if I need to cancel my appointment? I require at least 48 hours notice via email and I will honor your deposit towards a rescheduled appointment provided you’ve cancelled w/48 hours notice. Deposits are non refundable ~ if you don’t show up because you forgot your appointment or you change your mind about getting tattooed~ consider your deposit forfeited.
How Much Does It Cost?
1. How much will my tattoo cost? It depends. If cost is a concern, please let me know during your consultation. There are always options and I will do my best to work within your budget provided the quality of the finished product won’t be compromised. I want you to have the best tattoo possible and sometimes that means waiting and saving up for it. My rate is $150 per hour for tattoos requiring more than one session w/the average sitting being 3-5 hrs. Otherwise, I charge by the piece and cost is determined by size, location, amount of detail, and prep time. If we are doing a multiple session tattoo, your deposit will be deducted from your final session. Larger projects may require an additional drawing fee to be determined at the consultation. Drawing fees are also non refundable.
2. Do you charge for touch ups? Maybe. If the tattoo is less than 3 months old and you need the touch up because of something that I am responsible for (missed a spot, oops!), then by all means, it’s FREE. However, if you have neglected to care properly for your tattoo, whether it’s 2 weeks old or 10 years old, I will not give you a free touch up. Yes, I can tell the difference and yes, I will give you a fair price on the touch up especially if you’re getting more work from me.
1. Do I need an appointment? No, as of July 1st, you can drop in to see me any Wednesday 11am-7pm or Saturday 12-7pm, if those times do not work for you, check my calendar (below) to find out what other options I have. No matter if it says Beth Booked or Beth Available, I’m in the shop, just drop by. There is no fee for a consultation. I do request that you bring as much visual reference with you as possible. Communication is key for a great tattoo! Pics on your cell phone do not work for highly detailed projects. Take the time to print it out or email it to me, please!
2. Does it cost anything? No, but if you decide to schedule an appointment, you will be required to leave at least a $50 deposit. Deposits are non refundable and will be deducted from the final cost of your tattoo. There may be additional fees if your tattoo requires a massive amount of prep work (research time/drawing time/art supplies) due to size or complexity. This non refundable fee is to be determined at the consultation and is not deducted from the cost of your tattoo.
1. Do you do cover ups? Yes, but I do not accept all cases “as-is”. Some require laser removal treatment for a better end result and some tattoos are just not possible to be covered with a good tattoo that both of us can live with 🙂 Cover up projects require in person consultations and can not be done via email, but you are welcome to send me preliminary photos in an email describing what you’d like to possibly do with it.
2. Where can I get laser tattoo removal? Isn’t it really expensive? I currently do not have any recommendations, I’m sorry! I do recommend that you ask for referrals and read reviews.
3. Will you do ANY tattoo? No, but if I can recommend another artist who may be more suitable, I will. If I think your idea isn’t going to work, I will tell you why and offer suggestions on how it can be better. Take a look at my portfolio, it reflects the type of tattoos that I enjoy doing the most, but if you don’t see YOUR idea in there, that doesn’t mean I don’t or won’t do it, just ask! I will say this, I do not enjoy doing tribal work at all, ever, unless it’s fancy and ornate like Maori or Polynesian. So if you are looking to get a tribal back piece, I’m not your girl.
4. How do I take care of my tattoo? I recommend a simple 2 week process of washing and applying a light hand lotion. I will give you more detailed instructions in person, post procedure.
5. Does my tattoo have to mean something? NO. It’s perfectly acceptable (and encouraged) to get tattooed strictly for the sake of decoration and adornment. If you think something is beautiful, put it on your body! When someone asks you what it means, you answer: “It means I have great taste in art!”
6. Do you give group rates? No, but if you want more than one tattoo at a time, I do give you a break on the cost. I can’t give group rates because I ONLY use single use needles which = single use pricing.
7. Do you tattoo minors? Nope.